The list of players who will not or may not participate in the Idaho game is long:
- OT Kevin Skatrud - Out for the season
- NT Mike Krause - Out for the season
- DL Kyle Jenkins - Out for the season
- DE Mike Kritikos - Just resumed practicing after suffering a serious leg injury in the spring, still unknown if and when he can play.
- TE Jason Schepler - Out indefinitely with dislocated elbow
- LB/KR John Tranchitella - Out with a knee injury, hopes to return for Western Michigan
- OG Joe Pawlak - Questionable for the Idaho game (ankle)
- DE Jake Coffman - Doubtful for the Idaho game (unkown)
That's quite a list, and good players all, including several starters. If you told me before the season that we would be facing this I would say we're in dire straits but this Huskie team has had enough young players step up they should be able to weather this while performing at a high level. They are especially fortunate that freshmen Brian Lawson, Sean Progar and Alan Baxter along with sophomores Ron Newcomb and Adam Coleman have stepped up on the defensive line or they would be in real bad shape there.
Still, here's hoping some of the injured guys get back soon and we don't suffer any more major losses.