Past Rankings: Week 4 Rankings
New this week: Brigham Young Cougars
Dropped Out: Ball State Cardinals
EQ Top Ten (Week 5)
- Louisiana Tech (4-0): The Bulldogs rolled over Virginia for their second straight victory over an AQ opponent and led 44-24 early in the 4th quarter. The Dawgs averaged 48 points in those victories.
- Ohio (5-0): The Bobcats escaped Foxboro with a victory over a transitioning UMass squad. It wasn't pretty but Ohio remains perfect so they stay at the two spot.
- Boise State (3-1): The Broncos needed the help of three New Mexico turnovers to squeak out a road victory. That's two wins by a total of four points over the last two games...hmmm.
- Utah State (4-1): The Aggies got an impressive performance from Chuckie Keeton and used a big 4th quarter to pull away from the Rebels at home.
- NIU (4-1): The Huskies rolled for 622 total yards including 407 on the ground and scored the last 21 points of the game to extend their Huskie Stadium winning streak to 18 games.
- Nevada (4-1): The Wolf Pack shut out the Bobcats of Texas State in the second half and finished with more than twice the total yards.
- Western Kentucky (4-1): The Hilltoppers turned things around after getting blanked in the first half by returning the favor in the second half on the road at Arkansas State and coming out with the win.
- San Jose State (4-1): The Spartans got it done against Navy in what was a field goal fest, keeping the Midshipmen scoreless and limiting them to 70 yards rushing.
- Tulsa (4-1): The Golden Hurricane pulled out a narrow victory for the second straight week but appear to be the cream of a very weakened C-USA crop.
- Brigham Young (3-2): The Cougars thoroughly deconstructed the Warriors on a national stage. Their two losses were by a total of four points including an emotional game against in-state rival Utah.