Troy Taormina-US PRESSWIRE - Presswire
Ranking the Earned Qualifying (EQ) Teams | Recognizing those who do it The Hard Way.
New this week: Toledo Rockets
Dropped Out: None
Since two teams in the Top Ten were on a Bye week, I massaged the rankings this week to include a 10a and 10b.
EQ Top Ten (Week 6)
1) Louisiana Tech (5-0): The Bulldogs have now scored at least 52 points in every game but one.
2) Ohio (6-0): For the second consecutive week, the Bobcats made things interesting but escaped with the win to remain unbeaten and became the first bowl-eligible team this season.
6) Brigham Young (4-2): The Cougars won a tough defensive battle against Utah State to take the Old Wagon Wheel trophy. Their defense is for real but the kicking game needs help.
8) Western Kentucky (4-1): The Hilltoppers were on a BYE week.
9) San Jose State (4-1): The Spartans were on a BYE week.
10a) Tulsa (5-1): The Golden Hurricane pulled out a narrow victory for the third straight week with the last two wins depending on a 4th quarter score to take the lead for good.
10b) Toledo (5-1): The Rockets have won five straight after dropping their opener to Arizona on the road in overtime.