Reviewing the Bowl Eligible status of the MAC teams.
We're past the mid-point of the 2012 College Football Season and the MAC already has FOUR bowl eligible teams, one more than it has official contracts for.
Teams that have met the requirement of six wins (with no more than one win vs. FCS)
1. Ohio Bobcats (7-0)
2. Toledo Rockets (7-1)
3. NIU Huskies (7-1)
4. Kent State Flashes (6-1)
Next in Line
Teams that all but secured bowl eligibility
• Ball State Cardinals (5-3)
• Bowling Green Falcons (5-3)
Teams needing to win all games favored to win plus maybe one upset to attain bowl eligibility
• Miami University Redhawks (3-4)
• Western Michigan Broncos (3-5)
• Central Michigan Chippewas (2-5)
Teams that are not officially "out" (of bowl contention) but, c'mon...
• Eastern Michigan Eagles (1-6)
• Buffalo Bulls (1-6)
Teams unable to meet the bowl eligibility requirements
• Akron Zips (1-7)
• UMass Minutemen (0-7)