Northern Illinois Huskies (11-1) vs. the Kent State Golden Flashes (11-1)
- Gametime: Friday, November 30th, 6 PM CST Kickoff
- Location: Ford Field, Detroid, MI (65,000)
- What channel is it on? ESPN2
- Radio: WLBK 1360 Dekalb, WSCR 670 the Score Chicago
- Line: Huskies are -6.5 favorites and rising
- Weather: 41 F and snowing (for the celebration, game's inside)
- Series History: NIU leads 16-7
- MAC Championship Website
- Who has Kent beaten? A #15 ranked Rutgerts 35-23, forcing 7 turnovers.
- Who has Kent lost to? 14-47 @ a 2-10 Kentucky team.
- BCS - NIU has a chance at being the first non-AQ team to bust the BCS with one loss. Can they do it? It's up to the voters and the Huskies have to impress in the MACC to achieve what they truly deserve.
- Jordan Lynch - Lynch has the numbers, sure, but this is the career-defining type of game he needs to have success in to be an all-time Huskie legend. A top performance here can vault him into the top-5 when we're talking about the Heisman. Enough about Johnny Football, let's talk Lynch for 6.
- Dri Archer - the dynamic do-it-all performer for Kent State was shaken up vs. Ohio in Kent's last game. If he is unable to perform to his abilities, then so much of the Golden Flashes attack is taken out of the equation. NIU has their own answer in Tommylee Lewis, who returned a kickoff for a TD against Eastern Michigan last week. The defense will be ready.
...More to come