- We shot 30.9% (17-55) to Miami's 46.4% (26-56)
- 57.7% (15-26) to 72.7% (24-33) from the FT line
- Our SG and our PG led the team in rebounds (Anderson-7, Hall-6...why?)
- Jake Anderson scores 13, while Mike Dinunno scored 5 in the first minute and nothing else for the rest of the game.
- F Tyler Storm plays 17 minutes and is the second leading scorer with 9. The majority of his points were from the charity stripe.
- G Michael Patton (ankle) and C Michael Fakuade (?) both returned to action, didn't contribute much, playing less than 10 min each
I wonder what Patton has to say about this one. I'm puzzled. Miami OH is just so efficient in their play, it's no wonder why they are one of the top teams in the entire MAC.
“The story tonight was the difference between a veteran ball club, and one that has a lot of underclassmen that are still learning how to play at this level. It was a classic example of experience vs. inexperience.
According to Ken Pomeroy, Miami OH is the #17 most experienced team, while we are #326. Quite a difference.
They just needed this win more than us after losing their 2 previous home games to Ohio and Buffalo respectively. It's hard to get in to any sort of a game when you're down by 20 pts at halftime really.
Next up is a doubleheader Saturday @ the Convo. Both the men's and women's teams will be taking on Bowling Green.
Did I mention that our women's team is tied for first in the MAC West with a 5-1 record? And that BGSU is 6-0 in the East? Should be an interesting Saturday for sure.